We are delighted to invite bloggers to join our site and blog topics that are of personal interest.
We are asked how often you should blog. As often as you like is the answer, but the more often you blog the more times people will return to read your information.
It is important to note that a blog is not an article. An article is a one-way conversation – you share information. A blog, when successful, is a two-way communication – you state an idea and other add to your ideas. In a blog, when done well, the whole is better than the original blog because additional information has been added.
Here are some blogging tips
- Make each blog 150 to 200 words, no more.
- Include your main points up front;
- Use sub-head in sections of your blog to make the piece easy to read.
- Use short paragraphs
- Create a blog using lists like: 3 Best Ways to…, How to find…., Best Resources include…
- Develop a catchy headline (If you need help with this let us know)
- At the end of your blog elicit response from your readers. Ask a question, like “What resources would you suggest?” or “How did you find…” You want to encourage people to respond to your information.
- Last, when people respond to your blog you should respond to the blogger. That will encourage them to come back.
If you would like to blog on our site, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of your organization (if you want to do it as an individual, just give us your name.), the address, phone number, the topic you would like to blog about, and the email you will be blogging from. If appropriate, we will invite you to blog through WordPress, which is the blogging site we are using. When you get your invitation, you will be asked to sign up for your own blog or for a blog name only. Sign up for a blog name and then let us know when you have completed the setup. We will then include you on our site as a contributor. Our blog administrator is notified of all blogs and posts them.
Do you have blogging tips that you think should be added to this list?