The cooler weather lately reminds me of fall. I love fall, but I’m not ready for it just yet. There are still so many things I want to do with my family before this summer is over. With that being said, I came up with a list of things available to do in our area this weekend.
(a rainy) Friday
1. Stock up on farm fresh produce & baked goods for the weekend at your local farmer’s market. We have make your own pizza night on Fridays, and I buy all the ingredients from the dough to the toppings at the Goshen Farmer’s Market. The kids love it! Newburgh and Walden also have Farmer’s Markets on Fridays; Newburgh, Middletown, Port Jervis and Pine Bush have markets on Saturdays. If shopping in the rain isn’t your thing, head on over to Sycamore Farms in Middletown. They have a beautiful indoor farm stand. ( You can check out why I love shopping there here.)
2. My family thinks bowling is always a good time!
3. Have a family movie night at home! Visit your local library, borrow a movie, pop some popcorn and get cozy on the couch.
4. Assuming it continues to rain on Friday, the rain date for the Thomas Bull Memorial Park’s outdoor movie series will be moved from Friday to Saturday evening. They are featuring The Great and Powerful Oz. The park opens at 7pm and the movie begins at dusk. Admission is free. Lawn chairs and blankets are encouraged. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Music and children’s games will be provided before the movie begins to keep everyone happy and entertained!
5. Enjoy Honk, JR at the Sugarloaf Performing Arts Center. They are offering two shows: Saturday at 1pm and Sunday at 3pm. We went last week to see Winnie the Pooh and were wowed by how great it was! (You can read about our experience here.)
6. Hill Hold in Campbell Hall begins their summer concert series in the barn. The event is free and starts at 3pm. They will also have a petting zoo available.
7. The Fire Apparatus Show and Family Day is being held in Goshen from 9-4 in the Orange County Building’s parking lot. Admission is free, and there will be children’s activities.
8. Grasshopper Grove is a fun way to spend a Sunday. Invite some friends, pack a picnic, and enjoy the beautiful setting while your kids have a great time.
9. Explore Storm King on an art & nature hike with a Hudson Highlands educator.
10. Florida Family Fun Festival begins at 1pm and is held on Main Street. There will be music, vendors, and free rides for the kids.
Whether you decide to check out an event or two or just explore your own backyard, enjoy your weekend!