Vacations are also notorious for packing on a few extra pounds. Head off the vacation weight gain in just minutes a day. Do these five hotel pool moves for three minutes or more to burn calories and work your total body:
- Shoulders, biceps & triceps: while jogging in place, keep your arms straight and move them forward and backward as rapidly as possible
- Shoulders & chest: Jog in place and cross and extend your straight arms.
- Abs & thighs: alternate lifting one knee at a time to your chest as quickly as possible. Stay nice and tall during this movement.
- Hips & inner thighs: stand with your feet together, jump up while extending your straight legs out, then bring your feet together before landing.
- Back, butt & hamstrings: hold on the edge of the pool and flutter-kick straight legs behind you.Be sure to engage your abs and keep you back from arching.
You can increase the difficulty of these moves by performing them more quickly or in deeper water. This will result in even more total calories burned. Even your kids will have fun doing this workout with you.